Pick a Cause
Learn about our current projects and decide which cause is most meaningful to you!
Set a Fundraising Goal
Once you’ve identified your cause, take some time to set a goal. There are two ways to set a goal:
- A monetary goal: Pick an amount of money you’d like to raise for a project
Example: My goal is to fundraise $3,000 for the Rustic Pathways Children’s Home in Thailand.
- A physical goal: Think about what you’d like to provide for the project, and research how much funding it would take to make it happen
Example: My goal is to provide a Thai high school student with accommodation, meals, uniforms, and school fees for an entire year. This would be covered through $1,800 in fundraising.
We recommend a physical goal, as picturing exactly what your project will achieve can be a huge motivation for you and your supporters! Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions regarding the specific funds needed to complete a project.
Create a Fundraising Page
As an Impact Ambassador you’ll be able to create your own fundraising page. Creating a page is easy and will only take five minutes!
- Go to impact.rusticpathways.org
- Choose the cause you want to support
- Click on “Become a Fundraiser”
- Next the website will ask if you’re creating a fundraising page as an individual, as part of a team, or if you’d like to join an already existing team. Most likely you’ll be creating a page as an individual, but you can always choose to partner with a friend or two to create a fundraising team!
- Personalize your page with a goal, description, etc. For tips on how to tell your story effectively on a campaign page, check out our Tell Your Story guide
Pro-Tip: When customizing your URL on the fundraising page, make it something short and easy to remember. That way friends and family won’t have trouble finding the page.
Congratulations! You’re all set up and ready to officially become a change maker!